Tuesday, March 7, 2017
4 drumsticks (cleaned)
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Dark Soya
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Chopped Fresh Marjarom, Rosemary & Sage (some)
1. Marinate drumsticks with marinates ingredients
2. Rub chopped herbs on drumstiucks.
3. Pre-heat oven at 180 degree, put drumstick at oven proof tray. Apply olive oil, sprinkles salt, pepper and dried herbs. Place tray at the middle rack, roast for 5 minutes at Top and Bottom heat. Turn the drumstick, apply olive oil and roast for another 7 minutes (poke with chop stick, if the chopstick go through, means the meat is cook. Place the tray at the highest rack and roast for another 2 minute in High heat ( 220 degree) for crispy skin.
Sunday, February 19, 2017
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
And this year, I will follow my dad's foot step and carry on with this tradition.
Waterless Steam Fish
1.Tiger Grouper 龙虎班 approximately 1.2kg
(clean and scaled, dry with paper towel, marinate with Sea Salt and Rice Wine)
2. Egg Toufu, Spring Onion, Ginger and Corriander.
1. Using 27cm OFO, place spring onion, ginger slice and tofu, Pour 1/2 cup water at the bottom of OFO.
2. Lastly place fish on top of all ingredients.
3. Turn on High fire, when water started to get warm and once you see the steam, cover the lid and turn down to medium flame and cook for 10minutes and keep lid close for 2minutes (if your fish is smaller than 1kg, you may reduce cooking time to 8min)
4. Boil cooking oil pour over fish then followed by gravy (soya sauce x 2tbsp, fish sauce x 2tbsp, sugar) and spring onion and corriander.
5. Serve with white rice will be perfect.
As a Chinese, we always believe in auspicious and prosperity wishes. Prawn is call "HAR" in cantonese, it has the same sound as just like "laughing". And Scallop is call "Dai Zi", captured the same reading as "Dai Hung Dai Zi" means Suceesful and Well establiment. I have 2 dish here, first one is "Hee Har Dai Siu" means Happy and Loud Laghing and the second is "Dai Hung Dai Zi".
I hope those who has eaten these 2 dish will get a well and auspicious luck.
Recipes as below.
Hee Ha Dai Siu
- Tiger Prawn (clean and marinatenwih salt, pepper and some rice wine)
- 200g angel hair (blanch in salt water, drained)
- mince garlic x 2 tbsp, ginger x 1tsp
- olive oil
- chopped coriander
1. Using Buffet Cassarole, heat some olive oil. Pan fried Prawn. 1 minutes each side. Set aside.
2. Using the same BC, add in 3 tbsp olive oil, garlic and ginger. Stir fry till aromatic then add in pasta and stir and mix well.
3. Arrange Prawns on top of the pasta and sprinkles chopped coriander on top.
2. Dai Hung Dai Zi
- Scallop (I use frozen ones) (defrost, wipe dry with kitchen towel then sprinkle salt and pepper on both side)
-Baby Spinach (I use handpicked Australian Spinach)
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp mince garlic
1. Using Buffet Cassarole, preheat 2 tsp olive oil. Place Scallop in BC and pan fry in high fire for 2min each side or till brown. Set aside.
2. Using the same BC, add in mince garlic ad stir fry till aromatic then add on Baby Spinach and keep stiring till Spinach is wilted add salt to taste.
3. Arrang Spinach at the bottom of the bowl and place Scallops on top.
Sunday, November 13, 2016
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
1. 1/2 cup rice (washed)
2. 1 litre Broth (any broth, I use mushroom broth)
3. Some Meat Ball
4. Some Shrimp
5. Egg (beaten)
6. Seaweed (korean, salted)
7. Furikake (Japanese Sprinkle on Rice)
1. Boil broth till boiling in high fire, add rice. Don't cover, stiring for 1 minute, after you see rice started to expand, turn to medium fire and cover lid for 10minutes, stir the rice so it didnt stick at the bottom. If the rice is soft, turn to high again, add in meat balls prawns. stir in beaten egg, meanwhile swirl egg with chopstick to form egg drop (蛋花）
2. Serve with Seaweed and Furikake.
|One Pot Meal : Baked Red Sauce Chicken Leg on Coconut Rice|
|Cooked rice with RFO, and meantime I steam broccoli in it to save cooking time.|
Chicken Whole Leg - deboned
Broccoli - 1 cup
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Water - 2 cups
Dark Soya - 1 tsp
Soya - 1 tsp
Fish Sauce - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Slice Cheese - 2
1. Wash rice and add water, salt and coconut oil to pot, when boiling turn fire to low and cook for another 10 minutes. I put in my broccoli at the last 5 minutes and keep lid cover for another 5 minutes.
2. Marinate chicken leg with the marinates ingredients.
3. Another non stick frying pan, fry chicken leg for 5 minutes each side on medium fire.
4. Mix broccoli and rice. Set the chicken on top of the rice. Use the same pan without rinse add in spaghetti sauce and cheese on low fire, keep stirring. Transfer the sauce to the chicken and spread evenly.
5. Bake in oven on HIGH heat for 7-10 minutes till brown.
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Monday, July 18, 2016
Sunday, July 17, 2016
Friday, May 20, 2016
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
500g Pork Belly (五花肉）
3 slices of young ginger （mince)
4 cloves of whole garlic
100g peanuts, soak for 1hr
5 pcs mushrooms, soak till soft
2 stalk spring onions, separate white and green
2 small star anise
2 honey rock sugar (golf ball size)
1/4 cup cuttlefish floss (soak for 15, cut thin)
3tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp rice wine
2 pc of Nam Yue (red fermented beancurd)
2tbsp of Nam Yue water
4 cups water
1tbsp dark caramel soy sauce, for coloring
*Cut pork into size of a mahjong. Marinate with 1/2 Nam Yue (mash) for 30minutes.
1. Heat oil in a cast iron pot or heavy bottom pot, sauté ginger, garlic, white part spring onion, star anise, and cloves till aroma.
Meanwhile, use a non stick pan and fry the pork for a short period of time, 6 seconds or till skin brown. I did this because I want the juice of the meat to lock as I braised and the skin will hv a little brown effects. Set aside the pork.
2. Add in Nam Yue and Nam Yue water, mix well.
3. Add in pork, peanuts and mushroom, cook for a while.
4. Add in water, season with rock sugar, light soy sauce and rice wine and lastly add in cuttlefish floss. Stir well.
5. Braise over low heat for 2.5 hrs or until pork tendered, stir from time to time.
6. Last add in dark caramel soy sauce and mix well.
7. Dish out, garnish with green spring onion and serve hot with steamed rice.
Monday, February 22, 2016
1 cup Basmati Rice/long-grain rice
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp medium curry powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 cup frozen peas
1.Cook the rice in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes, until tender.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and gently fry the mushrooms, onion, garlic and tomato for three to four minutes, until softened. Add the curry powder and cumin powder and stir for another minute, then add the peas and cook for one or two minutes, stirring often. Drain the rice and add it to the frying pan. Season and stir.
Pumpkin Dessert with Corn and Sago
This is also my hubby's favourite, he requested me to make it for our get together. So here you go Mr Tham...
1. Steam pumpkin till soft. Blend with water (I use the corn water that used to boil the frozen corn) till purée.
Friday, February 19, 2016
Thursday, January 7, 2016
Thursday, November 26, 2015
10 - Tiger Prawns, cleaned (marinate with little salt, rub some salt in)
3 tbsp - chopped garlic
1 cup - water
1/4 cup - Soya Sauce
1/4 cup - Caramel Soya/Thick Soya/Dark Soya
3 tbsp - Sugar
1 tbsp - Starch
Friday, August 28, 2015
It has been awhile since my last "Serious Cooking" in my humble Kitchen. We are trying very hard to keep the kitchen clean and tidy because our domestic maid has gone back to her country for vacation. Hubby is in charge of cleaning dishwares and plates so it's not advisable to cook something that requires a lot of ingredients and steps. (laughing)
But the Thams are seafood lovers and they can't resist the Big Tiger Prawn that I bought from the market this morning so I wanted to cook something fancy instead of the usual "prawn recipes". Last week we had a very yummy and delicious Teppanyaki Tiger Prawn at a Japanese Fine Dining recently and it's still pretty fresh in my head, so I decided to go for a try.
After hours of preparation and cooking is finally done. When Olivia saw the dish on the dining table she was so impressed and said "Mummy, the prawns look very yummy".. hahaI'm so happy and glad that hubby and kids are pleased with this "Cheese Mayo Baked Tiger Prawn" (thumbs up)
6-8 - Prawns, cleaned
6 tbsp - Mayonnaise
1/4 cup - Water
4 tbsp - Grated Cheese (Cheddar/Mozzarella)
2 tbsp - Grated Cheese (for topping)
2 tsp - Curry Powder
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 shallot (chopped)
1/8 tsp - Salt
1/4 tsp - Sugar
- Clean prawns and marinate with soya, if you don't like soya u may rub with salt but not too much, marinate for 15minutes will do.
- In a frying pan, add in cooking oil or olive oil when the pan is heated but not smoke. Slowly put in prawn one by one and lightly pan fry each side for 30 seconds will do. Do not over cook it, prawn gets cook really fast (when you see it turning red, means it's cooked)
- Set aside prawns.
- Mix water, mayonnaise, salt and sugar till Mayonnaise dissolved. Set aside.
- Use the same pan, and approximately 3 -4 tbsp of the oil that used for frying to try the garlic and inion until soft but not brown. Add in the liquid ingredients. Keep stirring until it's thicken and dissolved then add in cheese, keep stirring until it's melted. It will taste a little sourish, not too much.
- Preheat Oven to high heat. if you are using the burner then you don't need ti use the oven.
- Pour the sauce over the prawns and sprinkle the grated cheese on top of it.
- Put the dish into the highest rack of the oven and let it brown the cheese for 15 minutes (time varies from ovens).
- I used dutch lady mayonnaise because that's what I have in fridge, but I prefer Kewpie because it taste richer but this is an option.
- I add in some curry powder to make the sauce looks yellowish but you may ignore if you don't like.
- Basically it will be quite salty with mayo and cheese added, salt may be reduced to your own liking as well.
- I do not have the burner so I option for Oven heat to burn the top part of my cheese.
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
There are times that you just feel like clearing the stuffs in your fridge and this is the best meal that you can try. A simple one pot meal. Use up whatever in fridge.. I have chicken, mushroom, baby carrot, cauliflowers and tomato...